Wallpapers magically transform your routine looking space to a million dollar one. Everything that’s beautiful needs to be maintained!
A prompt wallpaper care is the secret to lovely looking walls for decades to come. To keep your spaces looking vibrant and cheery, a simple wallpaper maintenance routine can go a long way to ensure a better life for your wall decor.
It’s important to have a wallpaper care schedule every 2-3 weeks, to keep them sparkling with freshness and radiance.
Here’S How To Go About It!: Wallpaper is lovely to behold and can be imparted longevity with prompt care that keeps its sheen and fresh look.
Below is a check-list of all you will need.
- Clean Dry Cloth
- Clean Damp Cloth
- Soft Brush
- Dry Towel
Do’S With Wallpaper Care
- For Cleaning – The wiping direction should be from bottom to top to protect the baseboard and prevent streaking
- Wiping should be in direction of the vertical seams
- Dry dust can be wiped off using a dry cloth
- Spot clean by wiping off fingertips and other smudge stains around light switches
- The stubborn dirt stains can be wiped off using a clean damp cloth
- Finish one section at a time. Let it dry and then work on the next.
Dont’S With Wallpaper Care
- Do not use abrasive cleaners as they may ruin the wallpaper surface
- Do not use abrasive materials
- Do not use active solvent based cleaning agents, chemical based ingredients, lacquer thinners and nail polish remover
- Avoid products that contain bleach as they will damage the wallpaper print and finish
- Do not use hard scrubbers on the wallpapers as they may mar the surface
4 Secret Tips To Care For Wallpaper
- Do not over-wet the wallpaper
- Take care to keep water from soaking into Wallpaper seams
- Remove stains as soon as possible
- Use rubber gloves to protect your hands as you clean